HR Mentoring for Startups
Mentoring is a process in which one of the managers inside the company or an expert outside the company, both in terms of awareness and experience, consults with other colleagues and determines work models, processes and tools for them. The mentoring includes unlimited meetings and conversations in the workplace and is consistent with the intended field of work.
It is normal for staff to refer to managers and the human resources team. They come to the Human Resources Unit in hopes of solving their problems. But when a problem arises for specialists and human resources experts, who do they turn to? Also when a startup is in its early or middle stage and there is almost no mature HR department, who do staff turn to? A human resource mentoring is a great option for supporting human resource experts.
One of the biggest benefits for employees is having a safe and confidential environment for discussing their thoughts, feelings, questions, aspirations, and career path. Human resource professionals are good in creating such a secure and confidential environment, but they themselves, as employees, must refer to someone else. A person who is out of the company and can give them good advice and guidance with a similar field of expertise.
This is not limited to HR department and specially early / middle stage startups need human resource mentoring. mostly because they are focusing on product and market more than internal departments but still they need to manage their team effectively.
A good human resource mentor has features that need to be considered when choosing one. In this article, you can learn how to find a good human resources mentor.
Here are some tips to help you focus on human resource mentoring session:
- Employee soft and behavioral skills
- Employee job competition status
- Employee career goals and aspirations
- Helping to chart a path to achieving career goals
- Transfer the experience and knowledge of mentors to human resources experts
- Coordination of job status and life of employees
- Investigate learning opportunities for greater job success
- Job Satisfaction
- Gain higher positions in the organization
- Examine individual values and their relevance to the job position
- Creating a positive work environment in the workplace
- Consolidate the current job position
- stress management
- Achieving managerial knowledge in the current job position
- Effective collaboration with people with the same professional background
- knowledge and experience
- Team building